Last Revision Date: 3/25/2021
- Use of our websites
- Phone and email communications with us
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Interactions with our authorized service providers
3.0 What Information Do We Collect?
SafeSmart collects Personal Information when you visit our website, contact us via telephone or email, and from business partners and other third parties. The following table describes the categories of Personal Information we collect, where we collect it from, why we collect it, and who we share it with.
|Category of Personal Information||Where We Collect It From||Why We Collect It||Who Do We Share It With?|
|Identifiers, such as name, email address, phone number, username, IP address, etc.||Directly from you/marketing companies/shipping companies/payment and transaction processors/other customers||Fulfilling orders/credit applications/communicating with you/registering you for a website/fraud prevention||Manufacturers/shipping providers/law enforcement (when necessary), marketing partners, financial services companies|
|Commercial Information (products and services purchased, reviews)||Directly from you/shipping companies/payment and transaction processors.||Fulfilling orders/credit applications/communicating with you||Manufacturers/shipping providers/law enforcement (when necessary)|
|Payment Information (credit card, debit card, bank information, PayPal, etc.)||Directly from you/payment processing services||Payment to fulfill orders||Financial services companies|
|Demographic Information (age, gender, etc.)||Directly from you, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access||Research, internal analysis, analytics and any other legally permissible purpose||Marketing partners|
|Employment Information (profession, trade, business, work address, references, etc.)||Directly from you/payment processing services||Research, internal analysis, analytics and any other legally permissible purpose||Marketing and analytic partners|
|Video and Audio Recorders (in-store CCTV and customer service calls)||Via cameras deployed in our stores, in parking lots, and at our warehouses and other facilities and via call recordings||Measuring marketing campaigns, improving customer service, and improving sales performance||Internal customer service, advisors, consultants, and marketing personnel|
4.0 How Do We Collect Information?
SafeSmart collects information directly from you. For example, we collect information when you visit our website, register for an account, apply or inquire about employment, complete a credit application, make an online purchase, analytic providers, online advertising, and third parties.
5.0 How Do We Use Information?
5.1 Improve business, products, and services
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests
- Provide access to pricing unique to your company's account
- Communicate with you about logistical matters, including product deliveries
- Provide services and products to you
- Review and contact you to answer requests for account support or technical support
- Allow you to request credit terms
5.2 Enhance website performance
5.3 Marketing purposes
- To tailor content, advertisements and offers
- To notify you about offers, products and services that may be of interest to you or about which you have previously expressed an interest
- To provide Services to you
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information or otherwise with your consent. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 7 below.
5.4 To provide goods and services
- Fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery, or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt)
- Administering your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion or sending you prizes you might have won
- Registering you for a particular website, loyalty program, or extended warranty service, or providing you with information regarding such programs or services
- Processing a return
- Responding to a product or service review
6.0 Information Sharing
6.1 Third party providers
- Service providers, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your orders
- Providers of security and payment services
- Shipping and mailing vendors
- Providers of digital analytics services
- Third parties that help us communicate with you
- Marketing and advertising companies that help us learn about our customers or deliver advertisements
- We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions
6.2 Warranty services
- To provide information with manufacturers of products and providers of extended warranty services
6.3 Marketing purposes
- For example, if all or part of our business is sold or otherwise acquired, we may sell or disclose our customer lists and other personal information we collect in preparation for or as part of that transaction
6.4 Business partners (advertising/marketing)
- For example, we might share information with one of our Affiliates or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us
- And we may share information with joint marketing partners
6.5 Security and fraud protection
- We will disclose information to detect, prevent, and investigate fraud or unlawful activities
- We may also disclose information to collect debts or recover unreturned rental items
6.6 To comply with the law
- To support investigations, and protect the rights and property of you, us, and others
7.0 Manage Marketing Preferences
You can change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by clicking here. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming an order, responding to customer service inquiries, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product recalls or rebates.
Our website is not created for children. To our knowledge we neither collect online information from nor sell information regarding children under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email email@example.com.
9.0 California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you may request (1) a list of the Personal Information we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes and (2) a list of third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time per year, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing 13238 Florence Ave, Santa Fe Springs, CA, 90670. Please include in the request that you are making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with the following privacy rights:
- Right to Know: A consumer has the right to request a list of the Personal Information a business collects about the consumer, what the information is used for, who it is shared with, and whether it is sold.
- Right to Delete: A consumer has the right to request that a business delete any Personal Information about the consumer, and the business must do so unless it must maintain the information for a specific purpose, such as completing a transaction, detecting illegal activity, or complying with legal obligations.
- Right to Opt-Out: A consumer has the right to direct a business that sells Personal Information to third parties not to sell the consumer"s Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: A business is forbidden from discriminating against a consumer for exercising rights under CCPA.
If you are a California resident, or an authorized agent acting on behalf of a California resident, and would like to exercise one of the rights listed above, please email email@example.com or contact us at 310-410-5007. Please note that we may request Personal Information to verify the request, and there may be particular requests we cannot fully comply with, as permitted under the CCPA (i.e. retaining information for legal obligations). We will respond within 45 days of receiving the request.
If you would like to exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, please click here: [link].
Some of the tracking tools used on our websites may involve the sharing of Personal Information with third parties in exchange for their support in enhancing your experience with us, improving our ability to serve you, or sharing our products and services with you. To exercise your choices regarding those tools, please read the Tracking Tools section below.
10.0 Tracking Tools We Use
We, as well as third parties that provide content or functionality on our website, use necessary cookies to make sure our website works properly. We would also like to use analytics and behavioral cookies ("Optional Cookies") to enhance your experience by giving us insights into how our website is used; and showing you (and where you are known to us, sending you) content we think you would be interested in. We will not use Optional Cookies unless you Accept All cookies or Select them below (we will use a cookie to save your choice). You can always change your Cookie Preferences by visiting [link].
- Identify new users and visitors
- Recognize returning customers
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website
- Make product recommendations
- Better understand your interest in products
11.0 Non-U.S. Users
By using our website and services, you consent to our transfer of your data to the United States and agree that any dispute over privacy or other terms contained herein will, to the extent permitted by law, be governed by the laws of the State of California.
12.0 Contact Us
"Personal Information" refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, personal identifier, online identifier (i.e. IP address), email address, account name, products or services purchased, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences regarding such.